Hair loss is usually a short-term event that happens due to stress, hormonal changes, medical conditions, or some medications. However, excessive hair is going to be worrisome because there can be several reasons and most importantly you need to stop the hair loss. The most common condition for this is called alopecia.
Honest hair restoration has one of the best Lakewood Ranch support & consultation for hair loss issues. Here the team works together with you and helps you with the best hair restoration solutions that will stimulate hair regrowth in bald areas. They do provide virtual consultations too, so you can book the appointment today itself.
About Hair Loss
Our outer layer of the hair has hair follicles that produce the protein named Keratin. When these follicles begin to produce new cells, the old cells began to be moved out of the skin. This will result in you losing your hair, which is very common to happen.
The life cycle of the follicle is always influenced by age, disease, and a variety of other factors.
Types of Hair Loss
- Involutional alopecia: This is a condition when the hair begin to thin with aging
- Androgenic alopecia: This is a genetic condition that affects both men and women.
- Alopecia areata: This is a patchy hair loss that happens suddenly in children and adults.
- Alopecia Universalis: Here the hair from all body parts begins to fall off
- Trichotillomania: It is a psychological problem in which children pull out their hair
- Telogen effluvium: In this condition, hair thinning happens due to changes in the growth cycle of hair.
- Scarring alopecia: This condition is a permanent loss of hair. It is caused by inflammatory skin conditions
- Traction alopecia: Using hot combs or tying the hair too tightly can result in this condition.
- Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia: This condition causes a small bald patch at the center of the scalp.
Causes of Hair Loss
As per the doctors of Lakewood Ranch, many factors can contribute to the hair fall condition:
- An abnormal level of androgens
- It is passed through genes from both male and female parents
- Stress, medical condition, and even childbirth can lead to temporary loss of hair.
- Medications like the ones used for chemotherapy, blood thinners, and birth control pills can cause temporary loss of hair.
- Burns, injuries, and even X-rays can cause hair loss
- Some autoimmune diseases
- Cosmetic materials like shampooing too much, bleaching, or dyeing hair can lead to hair loss.
- Having a low-protein diet
- A deficiency in vitamins, iron, and zinc can also lead to hair loss.
If you are experiencing baldness and this is affecting your self-esteem and confidence then you can get consult the best doctor at Lakewood Ranch.